Understanding safe online practices while shopping and using the internet can prevent you from losing your identity or your money to scammers! Here are a few tips:
- Do not open or respond to emails from people you don’t know claiming that you have won a prize.
- Be cautious about opening attachments and downloading files from emails, regardless of who sent them.
- Do not download programs from the internet onto your computer unless they are from a reliable source.
- Do not email financial information or account numbers.
- Use trusted security software and make sure it’s updated regularly.