CareWell Services SW seeks to help older adults maintain their independence in their community and in their own homes with our “Person-Centered” approach. What does “Person-Centered” mean? It means that your needs, desires, preferences, and goals are most important as we work with you and your caregivers to determine how, when, where, and by whom services are provided.
We are charged by the state of Michigan to:
- Advocate on behalf of older adults and their caregivers.
- Administer federal, state, local and private funds to support services and programs for older adults.
- Fund programs that serve older adults in Barry and Calhoun Counties.
- Identify the needs of seniors and develop plans to enable older adults to maintain their independence with dignity through person-centered services.
Our services are available to help maintain your HEALTH, INDEPENDENCE & CHOICE.
- Hearing and Vision Services
- Health Coaching & Disease Management Support
- Be Well Workshops
- Caregiver & Dementia Support
- Senior Nutrition/Senior Project Fresh
- Elder Abuse Prevention
- HomeSafe PERS
- Health Access Hub
- Information & Assistance
- Medicaid & Medicare Assistance Program (MMAP)
- Aging Mastery Program (AMP)
- Care Management
- MI Choice Waiver
- Nursing Home Transition Self -Determination
- Veterans Direct Home & Community-Based Care Program
Other services are available through our partners and include legal services, adult day services, guardianship, senior center programs, and prescription assistance.
Most services are offered free of charge, however, donations and cost sharing helps us extend our services to as many people as possible.
How do you know which services you need?
Options counseling or transition planning can help you sort through your choices and discover community supports which can permit you to remain living independently, like home delivered meals, senior transportation, adult day services, and more.
Our trained resource specialists are available to help. Call our Aging and Disability Resource Line (269-441-0973 or 1-800-626-6719) for FREE personalized telephone assistance to help contact seniors and caregivers with available resources in our community and discuss care options.
For those in Nursing Homes:
CareWell Services Nursing Facility Transition (NFT) coordinator specializes in helping persons currently in nursing homes, who wish to leave the nursing home and transition back into living in a less restrictive home, apartment, or adult foster care environment. The NFT coordinator helps you understand and organize your options for everything you need for transitioning out of the nursing facility: housing, (including security deposits/utility startups and furnishing), durable medical equipment like hospital beds, shower seats, and home safety support, plus care management planning for nursing, homecare services and community services like transportation and senior nutrition.