CareWell Services Southwest provides free MMAP (Medicare & Medicaid Assistance Program) Benefits Counseling to assist seniors in Barry and Calhoun County with Medicare, Medicaid, Part D and other insurance needs. Benefits Counselors have been trained in Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance products.
We also assist seniors who are unaware of programs they may be eligible for such as the Medicare Savings Program to pay their Medicare Part B premiums, and the Extra Help Low Income Subsidy program which reduces prescription co-pays for eligible seniors.
Through the counseling process for Part D, seniors have the opportunity to learn about other beneficial programs that are not well publicized. Counselors provide unbiased education and assistance and are not connected with any insurance company.
Participants must be seniors in Barry or Calhoun County with Medicare, Medicaid, Part D and other insurance needs. Adults with disabilities over the age of 18 who are newly qualifying for Medicare due to 24 months of disability are also eligible for MMAP counseling.
To speak to a counselor to schedule an appointment, call 1 (800) 803-7174.
Volunteer as a MMAP Counselor – If you enjoy learning new things, would like to make a difference in your community, and are able to commit to volunteering a minimum of five hours per month for at least one year, please contact our MMAP Regional Coordinator at (269) 441-0930 to learn more about how you can join the MMAP team.
- Are supervised by paid staff
- Receive an initial 36 hours of classroom training about Medicare and Medicaid, then receive monthly web training, and quarterly regional training, in addition to one-on-one mentoring by regional and site coordinators
- Must pass background checks because they deal with personal information
- Not permitted to have active insurance licenses, to remain unbiased
- Find the ongoing education and problem-solving challenges of MMAP volunteering to be very rewarding!